Lake County is assisting eligible households with past due mortgage payments through the Lake County Coronavirus (CV-1) Mortgage Assistance Program.
Eligible households can receive up to $5,000 for past due mortgage payments (excluding escrowed real estate property taxes) for expenses incurred after March 13, 2020. Funds will be paid directly to the household’s mortgage company and awards will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis until the funds are gone.
The program is available for residents who meet the following criteria:
- Head of household must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Residence must be household’s primary residence and be in Lake County, Florida.
- Residence must have a Homeowner’s Exemption.
- Household must have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19 (unemployed, underemployed, reduction of employment hours or rate of pay).
- Household income must be at or below 120 percent of the area median income.
Applications are available online or by contacting the Office of Housing and Community Services at 352-742-6540.
For more information about the Lake County Office of Housing and Community Services at their website.